WHAT’S THE LATEST NEWS?
With social media snowballing, it’s becoming increasingly vital for businesses to use these channels to their advantage. In fact, Facebook marketing is now one of the most lucrative streams of revenue in the digital world, offering a slew of benefits and potentially bringing in hordes of new customers.
Facebook and Google are now the world’s two main traffic sources
We’re all aware that organic traffic from Google is the best source for leads and sales, but have you considered the number of users trawling Facebook every day? With 1.86 billion monthly active users, this platform has a phenomenal outreach.
The beauty of Facebook is that it offers a great degree of flexibility as an advertising medium. For instance, lead generation ads enable marketers to take advantage of users’ pre-populated details. Combine this with a Google SEO campaign and you’re bound to receive an avalanche of online traffic.
But where’s the evidence?
To illustrate the effectiveness of Facebook marketing a little further, let’s delve into some current statistics:
• There are 4 million active Facebook advertisers
• The number in Facebook advertisers increased by 50% between 2015 and 2016
• 75% of brands promote their Facebook posts
However, throwing up a Facebook ad is vastly different to generating tangible action. Herein, it takes a few tricks of the trade to make sure you can really maximise your ROI when it comes to marketing your business on this social media channel.
Four steps to a successful Facebook marketing strategy:
1. Assess your Google Analytics reports. Facebook is very selective about which posts it shows and how much to charge the respective advertiser. The higher your ad’s engagement rate, the lower price you will be charged. Hence, you really need to pump out high-quality content. By looking at your current Google Analytics reports, you can easily identify content gems – those blog posts and articles that have generated healthy volumes of organic traffic.
2. Repurpose your top-performing content for Facebook. Once you’ve established which content has really won users over, turn it into a Facebook post. The best part here is that you don’t need to start from scratch – just restructure the original content to suit a social media audience!
3.Channel your users’ emotions. Ensure your new content is catchy. Accompany it with striking imagery and clickbait titles that will grab the attention of an audience who is used to quickly scrolling through social media feeds.
4. Employ a remarketing strategy using geo-targeting. While getting users to notice you is one thing, turning their clicks into sales is another. Use Facebook’s analytics tools to laser-target those visitors you can likely turn into customers, and remarket your ad to them. Here, it’s advisable to be extremely strict in order to maximise your chances of converting a user – deploy geo-targeting strategies that hone in on areas such as users’ companies, job titles and location.
By taking the time to refine your Facebook marketing strategy, you can reap the rewards and turn your social media platforms into a savvy source of leads, traffic and revenue.