LinkedIn Ad Campaign: Tips on Making Them Effective
Having a solid LinkedIn Ad Campaign is important for all professionals. Making sure they are effective is key. I have had experience with several different types of digital marketing methods. Using different platforms to increase business opportunities for the company is key.
Unfortunately SMEs, they have to compete with large companies. They also have to worry more about carefully controlling their budget. Many companies use Google, Facebook, Instagram and other common platforms to launch search engine advertisements (SEM). As you might expect, there is fierce competition. There is also a very real danger that your ad spend will not yield sufficient results. SEO, while effective, will not be able to achieve your goal in a short time. SEO takes a long time to adjust the strategy.
Recently, we have been conducting research to help SMEs develop and find more business opportunities. We found that LinkedIn Ads are an extremely effective and often underrated digital marketing method. Historically, LinkedIn has been a platform businesses use for recruitment. In short, LinkedIn acts as a “headhunting company” or a “job agency” for businesses. It has a unique influence because the target audience for marketing campaigns is not just recruiters. Another is those looking for employment. This gives LinkedIn Ads the ability to target more potential customers and achieve greater marketing purposes. So as long as the strategy and setting are correct, using LinkedIn advertising will benefit enterprises.
Table of contents
How do you operate LinkedIn Ads?
First, we will explain the tools, platforms, and strategy concepts that we need to keep in mind. You will first need access to your business’s LinkedIn account. First, log in. Then find your way to the LinkedIn Ad Campaign Manager. Here you will find the tools needed to advertise on LinkedIn such as control costs and data collection. The next step actually involves creating the campaign. You can choose between different marketing strategies, and figure out your main advertising objectives in the settings.
Keep in mind that different ad delivery goals can produce entirely different effects:
- For establishing a brand’s reputation, you can choose Brand Awareness;
- If the marketing purpose is to increase the number of page views, you can choose Website Visits;
- The engagement setting aims at promoting the publication of articles on your company’s website, or even leaflets and short films;
- If your business involves art, design or filming, consider Video View. If you choose this option, you will likely reach a more sizeable and appropriate audience than, for example, Website Visit’s charging model. Using short video clips is a more attractive method, allowing users to quickly understand the advertisements and efficiently display the portfolio of the company;
- If you want to increase the conversion rate, you should choose lead generation or website conversion, depending on the needs of the enterprise. The difference between the two is that the former will bring more information of potential customers, while the latter will bring more website conversions;
- Finally, the job applicant section is of course the choice for human resources companies as mentioned in the previous paragraph, or for recruitment usage.
Worried about the low reach of LinkedIn Ads?
After selecting the target and putting the region as Hong Kong, you will find a column of projected audience results on the right side of the interface. The tool displays the target audience size result set by the campaign, lets you choose your budget and ad delivery date, shows how many people will see the ad, the clickthrough rate (CTR: ad clicks / ad exposures), how many clicks are expected as well as impressions and more. Please note that LinkedIn Ads with different delivery goals will have different expected results. This feature is designed to help merchants develop strategies and budgets without worrying that their ads will have a low reach and are able to calculate an expected return on investment. Of course, the audience results are expected to be used as a reference only, and need to match the setting of the advertisement.
Is doing a LinkedIn ad campaign more effective and credible?
I personally think that marketing on any platform can work, as long as it is done well. Regardless of the platform or method, as long as your advertising campaign can target the right customers, it allows potential customers to receive the information they want and will naturally bring in business opportunities. Please as well, review our LinkedIn Ads service too. Feel free to contact us at First Page for more information on how to contribute to the growth of SMEs in Hong Kong through effective advertising.