New Challenges of Customer Service in the Internet Era
In this Internet age, companies in all industries need to face a new challenge in customer service: the phenomenon of cyber-malicious attacks. Cyberbullying isn’t unique to teens, it’s a common problem with businesses when it comes to managing online reputation, and it can sometimes be attacked for no reason.
However, Luke McCormack, Operations Manager of First Page Hong Kong, said that as long as enterprises proceed carefully, the advantages of online platforms still outweigh the disadvantages for doing business.
How has customer service changed in the Internet age compared to the past?
Luke said: “In the past ten years, the biggest change is that customers are more and more familiar with and using new technologies. But in the final analysis, the real driving force for changing the online marketing model comes from the changes in customer expectations and behaviors.” Now customers and companies communicate and communicate with each other. The change in the channel of interaction just illustrates this situation. Ten years ago, the use of the Internet to interact with customers was not a trend for businesses, and customers had lower expectations for services obtained through online channels. But now the situation has changed, and customers have obviously higher requirements in this regard than before, and they will immediately reflect their opinions. He said: “Most of today’s customers are familiar with information technology. Enterprises provide services through different channels, and customers can also express their opinions through these different channels. The chances of making mistakes also increase accordingly. Therefore, enterprises have more It needs to be balanced.”
“The real drive to change the online marketing model comes from changes in customer expectations and behaviors” Luke McCormack , First Page Operations Manager
How to know what customers need?
First Page was rated as the best SEO company in Hong Kong by TOPSEOs. Luke, its operation manager, knows the needs of customers well. He believes that it is necessary for enterprises to invest resources in developing online promotion plans. He explains: “When you understand what your customers want, you can better ensure that they have a good service experience. You have to have a comprehensive strategy that takes care of all channels, especially in Hong Kong, a city where people are very connected. .Our approach is to give customers more avenues to express their opinions, and to adapt the service according to their opinions.”
One of the methods First Page took was to conduct customer service surveys in the form of emails, collect real-time data, and then respond based on the results. There are no restrictions on the form and channel of communication with customers.
Diversified channels – advantage or barrier?
However, as the communication with customers increases, there are more opportunities for companies to make mistakes, because if they cannot meet customer requirements or have a poor service attitude, these unfavorable news will spread quickly. A complaint on Twitter or Facebook, or writing a few negative reviews on your website, can have a major impact on the reputation of your project or product.
But on the other hand, if you can accurately grasp the needs of customers, provide appropriate services, and encourage them to post favorable comments about your products or services in different channels, you will stand out from the crowd in similar products or services and become confident. choice.
“There are many opportunities for companies to get to know their customers better, understand their needs, improve service levels, and get good responses from customers,” Luke said. He said companies should monitor social media and websites on a daily basis to ensure that problems can be fixed in a timely manner and capture business opportunities. “
Six Ways to Improve and Maintain Your Customer Service Credibility
Luke provides readers with the First Page’s approach to “Building Customer Loyalty Through Customer Service”:
1. Unified service – In today’s user-oriented IT environment, it is necessary for enterprises to develop a social media strategy, but it cannot replace traditional tools such as email and telephone conversations or face-to-face, but should play a complementary role .
2. If the situation permits, it is necessary to negotiate face-to-face with customers – you can give customers various guarantees through different channels, but face-to-face talks are the best way to build mutual trust and good relationship.
3. Regularly communicate with customers – tell customers about the progress of your business, let them know about recent developments and latest products, listen patiently to their responses, and you may get valuable opinions from them.
4. Evaluate performance is very important – constantly try and evaluate performance. You have to ask to know what your customers want. Now that communications are so advanced, you no longer have an excuse to rely on guesswork.
5. Encourage positive responses – How to encourage positive responses is also a big topic. Promotions, prizes, samples and priority bookings are all ways to encourage customers to leave positive reviews. Of course, you can also get creative and achieve the same effect in other ways.
6. Avoid spamming others online – Never confront complainers in public channels. The ideal way to handle a complaint is to say to the complainant, “Of course we’d be happy to resolve this for you, please email us.” This way, you can deal with the complaint from a private channel. By the same token, be very cautious when posting a public response, as it will be seen by all. “